If you’ve been in an accident, the auto body repair technicians you choose will be your most valuable allies in helping you get back on the road as soon as possible. As with any mechanics, there are good ones and there are not so good ones. Here’s what to look for in quality auto body restoration services.
- A thorough analysis: No work of any kind should be performed on a vehicle before it has gone through a rigorous analytical process to determine where damage has been done, including damage at the site of impact as well as any secondary damage that may have occurred. You should see that analysis in writing and provide written approval before work begins.
- Complete disassembly of the affected area: It is simply not enough to repair the “outsides” of a car that has been in an accident. Chances are good that some underlying damage has occurred as well, and if it is not detected and repaired properly, your car (and you) may suffer even more damage should you ever be in another accident.
- A great parts-ordering system: Even if you are given a loaner car to use, you want to get your own vehicle back as quickly as possible. Choose a restoration service at Best Auto Body Shop in St. Louis that has a reliable parts-ordering system in place so you don’t have to wait any longer than you absolutely need to.
- The frame of your car should always undergo a thorough examination and assessment, even if the damage to the chassis seems negligible. You want to be absolutely sure that the “skeleton” of your car is back in alignment with all factory specifications.
- Professional painting: A good car restoration service will paint each part separately before reassembly for a more natural, straight-from-the-car-factory look.
Best Auto Body Shop in St. Louis and Beware those shops that only paint after the car is reassembled:
it just doesn’t give you that finished look you expect and deserve. For someone who owns a car, it is important to have substantial knowledge on car repairs that you can perform on your own. More often than not, it is an understatement that if you have a personal vehicle, you know how to change a flat tire, troubleshoot your air conditioning and you know what to do when the battery light on your dashboard suddenly starts to flash. However, that cannot be expected from a lot of car owners, thus stressing the importance of having an auto repair shop to go to during emergencies.
It is best to choose an auto shop before you actually have a pressing need for it. Looking for a facility before you need one can help you arrive at a better decision. Also, choosing the best auto repair shop must be based on fairly practical considerations.
First, it is essential to have an auto repair shop that is relatively near your place of residence. With car emergencies that you do not have a way of predicting its occurrence, it is important that you do not need to drive long distances just to get your car to receive the care it requires at the moment. If you trust a particular auto repair company and you have recently changed addresses, inquire whether they have a satellite location near your area. If it is impossible to have an auto repair shop that is within the vicinity of your residence, pick any formidable auto repair company that is near compared to your car dealer’s location. Quick response time can go a long way when it comes to a vehicle that needs immediate professional attention.
Once you have found a potential auto repair shop near your place, inspect the facility grounds. Is it tidy? Is it well-organized? Does the shop have modern equipment and tools in their service bays? Auto services do come with a price, thus it is important to know just where exactly your money will go should you proceed in hiring their services. If the facility meets your image expectations and level of professionalism, then that is money well-spent.
Another important factor to consider when choosing an auto repair shop is to know whether they in fact service your car’s make and model. There are auto repair shops that specialize on particular car makes and models, which can put you at an advantage if you want only knowledgeable people to service your vehicle. Having technicians who know the theoretical and practical mechanisms of your vehicle can make you feel more confident about their skills and troubleshooting techniques.